- 2 cups of fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- 3 small leaves of Tuscan kale (lacinato), stems removed, 1 ounce
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted (optional)
- 1 Champagne mango, 8 ounces
- 6 strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
Things to Sprinkle:
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Bee pollen
- Hemp hearts (shelled hemp seeds)
- Chia seeds
- Chopped nuts, macadamia nuts are nice
- Place the pineapple chunks, bananas, kale, and avocado to a high powered blender.
- Secure the lid and blend starting on low and work up to high speed, blend until the smoothie is completely smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into 2 bowls.
- Prepare the toppings by peeling the mango and cubing it into bite sized pieces. Wash and hull the strawberries before slicing or quartering them. Wash and drain the blueberries.
- Evenly divide the toppings between the 2 bowls and top with your choice of the sprinklings.
- Serve immediately for the best flavor!
I never measure exactly how much of the things I sprinkle over the bowls, but around 1 teaspoon for each of the seeds/bee pollen, and around 1 tablespoon for chopped nuts.
The avocado is optional but highly recommended for a well rounded smoothie bowl. I use the other half of the avocado to cube up over a salad for lunch.