Sweet Chili Dressing:
- 1 Tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon sambal oelek chili paste, or 2 Teaspoons chili flakes for paleo
- 2–4 Tablespoons maple syrup, to your taste
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos, gluten free soy sauce, or tamari
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, about 4
- 1/4 cup sweet chili dressing, from the above recipe
- 1 Tablespoon sambal oelek chile paste, or 1 Teaspoon chili flakes for paleo
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1–2 heads romaine, washed and chopped, about 12 cups
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced, 8 ounces
- 3 Champagne mangoes, 1 1/2 pounds, peeled and thinly sliced/cubed
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced, 4 ounces
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges for serving
- Add all the ingredients for the sweet chili dressing to a blender, and blend until smooth. Pour out 1/4 cup of the dressing to add to the chicken marinade. Then refrigerate the remaining dressing for up to 4 days, you should have about 1 cup remaining.
- Mix together the chicken with all the marinade ingredients, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour, but 8+ hours is better for flavor.
- When the chicken is done marinating, preheat the grill over medium high heat until it reaches a temperature between 350º-400ºF.
- While the grill heats, prepare all the salad ingredients and place them in a large serving bowl.
- When the grill is ready, cook the chicken for 6-8 minutes or until it loosens from the grill. Turn the chicken and cook for another 4-5 minutes, or until the chicken is done and no longer pink in the center. The cooking time will vary depending on the size of your chicken thighs.
- Let the chicken cool for a few minutes before slicing/cubing it up for the salad.
- Top the salad with the chicken, and serve it along with the dressing.