- 20–25 6″ rice paper wrappers
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup finely shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cucumber cut into matchsticks, 8 ounces
- 1/2 bunch of green onions, cut into 3” lengths
- 1 champagne mango, cut into matchsticks, 8 ounces
- 1 small head butter lettuce, washed, dried, and leaves separated
- 1/2 cup mixed fresh herb (use only the whole leaves) basil, cilantro, and mint
Sweet Chili Mango Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup champagne mango chunks, 6 ounces
- 2–3 Teaspoons sambal oelek chili paste, or to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Grade A amber maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Teaspoons freshly squeeze lime juice
- Prepare all your fruits and veggies and set them aside on a platter.
- Make the dipping sauce by placing all the ingredients into a blender and blend until mostly smooth with very small chunks. Place the dipping sauce into a serving bowl and set it aside.
- Fill a medium sized bowl with hot water, I use a pasta bowl because it’s the perfect size for 6″ rice paper wrappers.
- Set the bowl by your work station, and choose a surface to roll on, I like to use either a dinner plate or cutting board.
- Take one rice paper wrapper and completely submerge it in the hot water, don’t leave it to soak, just make sure every surface has touched water.
- Place the rice paper wrapper on your work surface and place a little of each veggie, mango, and avocado in the lower half. Place a leaf of lettuce over the veggies with a sprinkling of fresh herbs.
- Start rolling by carefully lifting up the bottom end and pulling it lightly over the fruits/veggies. Then tuck in each side before finishing the roll.
- Continue the rolling process until all the fruits and veggies are gone, placing them in a single layer to the side as you make them.
- When they’re all made, place them on a serving platter and serve immediately with the dipping sauce.