- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup avocado oil, or olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 pound asparagus
- avocado oil and sea salt
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF, and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, sea salt, and Dijon mustard. Drizzle in the avocado oil slowly, whisking all the while until the dressing is emulsified. Set the dressing and crumbled feta aside.
- Wash the asparagus, and trim the woody ends. Lay the asparagus in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and lightly drizzle with avocado oil and sprinkle with sea salt (this is to taste).
- Fill a deep skillet 3/4 full with water and bring it to a simmer.
- When the poaching water is ready, put the asparagus in the oven. It will be done in 5-8 minutes depending on the diameter of your asparagus. If you’re not sure if they’re done or not, give them a poke with a paring knife and see if they’re tender.
- While the asparagus roasts, carefully lower 1 egg at a time into the simmering water.
- Cook the eggs until the white is set, but the yolks remain runny – this usually takes 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and place them over the roasted asparagus in a serving dish. Top with the dressing and feta cheese crumbles