Homemade Italian Dressing:
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vineagar
- 2 Teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder, or 1 clove, minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Teaspoon Italian seasoning, (no salt)
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon minced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Italian Sheet Pan Dinner:
- 1 pkg boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 2 zucchini, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 medium sized red onion, 12 ounces
- 1 red bell pepper, 8 ounces
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 15 basil leaves, thinly sliced, 1/4 cup
- Optional: 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan, omit for dairy free and Paleo
- Place all the ingredients for the Italian Dressing except the olive oil into a small mixing bowl. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly until all the oil has been added, and the dressing is completely emulsified.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat the oven to 425ºF. While the oven heats, slice both ends off the zucchini, and cut them into quarters lengthwise. Lay all the cut zucchini flat side down on the cutting board, and thinly slice them crosswise into 1/4″ thick triangular pieces.Cut both ends off the onion, remove the tough outer layers, and cut it in half from the top to the bottom. Lay each half flat side down on the cutting board, and thinly slice across the rounded top into 1/4″ thick half moon slices. Remove the stem and seeds from the bell pepper, and thinly slice it lengthwise. Then cut the pepper slices into 3″ lengths.
- Place all the veggies onto the lined baking sheet, and add the chicken thighs to the pan, spacing them out evenly and nestling them into the veggies.
- Then pour the Italian Dressing (or 1/2 cup Italian Dressing of your choice) over the top of the chicken and veggies.
- Place the pan into the oven and cook until the chicken is done and the veggies are crisp tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and scatter the cherry tomatoes and sliced basil over the top. Serve immediately or sprinkle with the optional parmesan and serve.
The veggies mush be thinly sliced to cook within the 20 minute cooking time. If your veggies are sliced bigger, just roast them for 6-8 minutes before adding the chicken to the pan.