I’ve had several requests for more sheet pan dinners, so here is another one absolutely perfect for summertime! It’s packed with veggies, and super easy to make. You can either make your own Italian Dressing to drizzle over this sheet pan dinner. Or you can make this dinner supremely easy by buying your favorite brand of dressing.
I love sheet pan dinners year round because placing everything on a baking sheet and being done, is nothing short of awesome. I also make a grilled variation of this sometimes when it’s just too hot to turn on the stove. The chicken and veggies get tossed with a small amount of dressing. Then the chicken gets grilled and the veggies go into a grill basket. When it’s all done, place it on a large serving platter, and drizzle with more Italian Dressing along with the tomatoes and parmesan.
Either way you make this, you can’t go wrong with the fresh flavors. It’s also a great combination of filling yet it’s still light, which is perfect for summer weather.
Whenever I make homemade Italian Dressing, I make 2-3x the amount we’ll need for the recipe. Then you have dressing already made for lunch salads for the next week or two.
For the onions in this recipe, I cut them in half, and then cut them into thin half moon shaped slices.
For the bell pepper, I like to cut them into strips and then into 2-3″ pieces. The main idea with the veggies is that they’re not too big.
This recipe is also great in the height of zucchini season because it’s a flavorful way to use up a lot of it. And speaking of zucchini, here are my 5 Ways to Use Up Large Amounts of Zucchini.
Also I thought I’d include an extra 5 of my favorite zucchini recipes for inspiration:
- Triple Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Chicken Enchilada Zucchini Skillet Dish
- Avocado Zucchini Hummus
- Kung Pao Chicken Zucchini Noodles
- Healthy Zucchini Blueberry Bread
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vineagar
- 2 Teaspoons maple syrup
- ½ Teaspoon garlic powder, or 1 clove, minced
- ½ Teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Teaspoon Italian seasoning, (no salt)
- ½ Teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon minced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 pkg boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 1½ pounds
- 2 zucchini, about 1½ pounds
- 1 medium sized red onion, 12 ounces
- 1 red bell pepper, 8 ounces
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 15 basil leaves, thinly sliced, ¼ cup
- Optional: ½ cup freshly grated parmesan, omit for dairy free and Paleo
- Place all the ingredients for the Italian Dressing except the olive oil into a small mixing bowl. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly until all the oil has been added, and the dressing is completely emulsified.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat the oven to 425ºF. While the oven heats, slice both ends off the zucchini, and cut them into quarters lengthwise. Lay all the cut zucchini flat side down on the cutting board, and thinly slice them crosswise into ¼" thick triangular pieces.Cut both ends off the onion, remove the tough outer layers, and cut it in half from the top to the bottom. Lay each half flat side down on the cutting board, and thinly slice across the rounded top into ¼" thick half moon slices. Remove the stem and seeds from the bell pepper, and thinly slice it lengthwise. Then cut the pepper slices into 3" lengths.
- Place all the veggies onto the lined baking sheet, and add the chicken thighs to the pan, spacing them out evenly and nestling them into the veggies.
- Then pour the Italian Dressing (or ½ cup Italian Dressing of your choice) over the top of the chicken and veggies.
- Place the pan into the oven and cook until the chicken is done and the veggies are crisp tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and scatter the cherry tomatoes and sliced basil over the top. Serve immediately or sprinkle with the optional parmesan and serve.
This recipe was first posted by Get Inspired Everyday! All content is Copyright Protected - ©2013 - 2016 Get Inspired Everyday!. All Rights Reserved.