- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 Tablespoons tapioca starch
- a pinch of sea salt
- avocado oil for oiling the pan
- 12 ounces frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons tapioca starch
Coconut Whipped Cream:
- 1 can (13.5 oz) refrigerated coconut milk (Native Forest brand)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the strawberry sauce, mix together the tapioca starch and a little of the juices from the thawed berries until there’s no more lumps.
- Add the thawed berries, the rest of the berry juice, and the honey.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly until the sauce comes to a boil and thickens. Once the sauce has thickend, remove it from the heat, cover with a lid and set aside.
- For the whipped cream, scoop out the coconut cream from the top of the can, leaving the liquid behind.
- Place the coconut cream in a mixer with the honey and vanilla extract. Turn the mixer to high and whip for 6-8 minutes until it’s light and fluffy.
- For the crêpes, combine all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place a non-stick 12″ skillet over medium low heat.
- Tear off a small piece of paper towel and pour a small amount of avocado oil on it. Run the paper towel around the pan to very lightly oil it.
- Pour a small amount of crêpe batter into the preheated pan. The diameter of of the batter will be about 6″. Immediately after the batter hits the pan, tilt the pan to spread out the crêpe batter into an even circle.
- Put the pan back down on the heat and let cook for a minute or two until the crêpe batter is set. Using a spatula, loosen an edge of the crêpe and carefully peel it off the pan and flip it to cook the other side. I find it easiest to use my fingers rather than a spatula to flip crêpes – but be careful you don’t want to burn yourself!
- Continue cooking the crêpes, oiling the pan anytime you feel that they’re beginning to stick.
- To assemble, spread some coconut whipped cream on each crêpe, fold into quarters, and top with warm strawberry sauce.
For more detailed instructions, check out my post about how to make Homemade Coconut Whipped Cream, 2 different ways!