Have you heard of icebox cookies? Well let me tell you, they’re a dangerous concept – the cookie dough chills in the fridge for up to a week, and you can slice and bake as desired (read breakfast, lunch, and dinner) – see I told you, dangerous concept! These cookies are one step easier even than icebox cookies because you just pull them out of the fridge and slice them, no baking required and they’re too healthy to be dangerous!
Every year I start craving that delicious combination of cranberry and orange, and it usually happens to coincide the first day of Costco’s holiday baking. It’s like they know I can barely resist that sweet bakery smell of cranberry orange muffins and they’re always making them when I’m shopping! So… anyways I made it out of Costco ok, but by the time I was in Natural Grocers I was starting to break down (very little will power here), and before you know it a package of cranberries just hopped into my cart! Luckily, I had an idea for something healthier in mind!
These cookies are super easy and quick to make! You just place everything in the food processor and process until your desired texture is reached!
Once you have a soft cookie dough of sorts, it’s time to shape your cookies.
The dough is rather sticky, so I used a spatula to scrape it out of the food processor and onto a piece of plastic wrap in the general shape of a log – then I used the plastic wrap to help me roll it into an even log. From here you can roll it in the coconut but I recommend a little time in the refrigerator to firm up the dough.
When you’re ready to serve the cookies, unwrap the cookie dough log and roll it in shredded coconut. From there you carefully transfer the log (I used 2 spatulas) to a serving plate and decorate with fresh cranberries.
One of the best things about these cookies is they’re healthy enough to eat for breakfast, but rich enough to satisfy my sweet tooth! I also love that they’re no bake and so easy to make – even though I love baking, I love super easy recipes even more!Print
- 1 pound raw cashews
- 1/4 cup raw honey, or maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons orange zest
- 3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- 4 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, juice sweetened
- Shredded coconut for rolling the cookies, about 1/4 cup – 1/2 cup
- Fresh cranberries for decoration, I used 9 cranberries across the top of my cookie log
- Place all the ingredients in a large food processor in the order listed.
- Pulse the ingredients together until a soft cookie dough forms and begins to stick in the machine.
- Scrape the dough out onto a piece of plastic wrap, and form into a log.
- Refrigerate the cookie log for 2-4 hours, or until you’re ready to serve them.
- Roll the cookie log in the shredded coconut, thoroughly covering the surface.
- Using two spatulas, carefully transfer the cookie log to a serving plate and decorate with the fresh cranberries and serve immediately.
- Any leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator for 1 day, or in the freezer for up to 1 month tightly sealed.
- Prep Time: 20 mins