This Lemon Turmeric Sunshine Dressing is perfect for meal prepping, and makes salads extra tasty!
I’ve been making a version of this dressing for a long time. And I have to say, after all these years the lemon-garlic combo never gets old. The only thing I’ve changed recently is to add a bit of turmeric to the mix.
It doesn’t change the flavor, but it gives it the most brilliant sunshine color. And since we’re all hearing about the anti-inflammatory benefits of turmeric, why not add it in to as many recipes as you can?!
Variations for this Turmeric Lemon Dressing:
- Add 1 Tablespoon of minced fresh ginger – so good!
- 1 Teaspoon of Italian seasoning pairs perfectly with the lemon garlic, and you don’t even notice the turmeric.
- Tahini is a great pairing, try 1-2 Tablespoons to your taste for a creamy version of this dressing. You can also add the above mentioned ginger to this combo.
- A teaspoon of curry powder is also a nice mix with these flavors, and the ginger variation can be combined with the curry powder.
How to make this Lemon Turmeric Sunshine Dressing:
- Simply add everything to a mason jar, secure the lid, and shake until it’s emulsified.
- From there you can refrigerate it for up to a week. This makes it perfect for meal prepping where throwing together a quick salad is even easier because the dressing is already made.
Important Note: Be careful when adding turmeric to anything as it stains things easily!
Funny Fact: Once in the hopes of creating a great new facial mask with turmeric, I ended up looking very much like an Oompa Loompa for about 24 hours before the yellow staining came out of my skin!
I hope you’ll enjoy having this bright and cheery dressing hanging out in your fridge, just waiting to brighten up your salads. If you do make it, I hope you’ll leave me a comment/rating below. And I always love hearing from you here. Or over on Instagram where you can tag me at #getinspiredeveryday with your photos.Print
Lemon Turmeric Sunshine Dressing
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
This dressing can be adapted in so many ways, and it’s flavors never get old on a salad!
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/2 Teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 Teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste, I used 1/4 Teaspoon
1 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 Teaspoon curry powder + 1 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1–2 Tablespoons tahini + 1 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger
Place all the ingredients into a mason jar in the order listed. Secure a lid, then shake until emulsified.
Or you can place all ingredients except the olive oil into a medium sized bowl and whisk together. Then adding the oil in a thin steady stream, continuing to whisk constantly until all the oil is added, and the dressing is emulsified.
Store in an airtight container of your choice in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
If you’d like to make less dressing, the recipe can easily be halved, just use a very small clove of garlic.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Dressing
- Method: Whisking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Lemon Salad Dressing, Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing, Lemon Turmeric Dressing, Lemon Turmeric Salad Dressing
1 thought on “Lemon Turmeric Sunshine Dressing”
I love this idea! Why not enhance the color and make the dressing even prettier?!! Not for the face, though. Lesson learned there!