- 2 Tablespoons ground calendula flowers
- 3/4 cup boiling water
Creamsicle Calendula Body Lotion:
- 1/4 cup grated beeswax, 11 grams
- 1/2 cup jojoba oil
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla jojoba oil
- 1/4 cup calendula tisane
- 1/2 Teaspoon orange essential oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon tangerine essentail oil
- To make the calendula tisane, place the ground calendula in a heat proof jar/glass. Pour the boiling water over the top, and stir to combine. Let the mixture steep for 30 minutes, then strain it through a coffee filter into another container. I use my pour over coffee set up for this where the filter sets nicely in the plastic funnel. The ground calendula will clog up the coffee filter quickly, so mix it often with a spoon to stir up the settled herb and allow it to drain. Continue this process until you have 1/4 of a cup, discarding any extra.
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat and add the beeswax. Let the beeswax fully melt, then add the jojoba oil and melt again just until liquid, being careful not to heat the mixture too much. If the mixture becomes too hot, it may splatter when the calendula tisane is added.
- When the wax/oil mixture is just melted, remove the mixture from the heat, and carefully stir in the vanilla jojoba oil, calendula tisane and essential oil.
- Whisk until the mixture is thoroughly combined. Then if you’re using a lotion/soap dispenser use a funnel to transfer the lotion while it’s still liquid.
- If you’re transferring the lotion to a wide mouthed container, you can transfer it right away, or wait until it cools and blend it in a blender to make it fluffier. I have done this with a lotion dispenser too, but it’s much more difficult to get the blended fluffy lotion tamped down through a funnel, and into the container.