This Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub smells like pumpkin pie, and it’s definitely my favorite fall homemade beauty product! Lately, we’ve been in Canada celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving, (chasing the Northern Lights) and I’ve been embracing all things fall! With the weather turning cold and frosty at night, it’s time to bring out the sugar scrubs again to keep my skin well hydrated.
There are two recipes below, one makes a big batch where you can add the pumpkin puree to each scrub treatment as needed, and the other one is formulated for just 1 sugar scrub treatment.
For either recipe the method is the same: first mash the sugar and coconut oil together until they’re thoroughly combined.
When your mixture looks like this, stir in a few drops of cinnamon essential oil to create that pumpkin pie smell, (you can leave out the essential oil if you have ultra sensitive skin). The scrub will still smell really good with the coconut oil and pumpkin!
When you’re ready to use your pumpkin scrub, stir in the pumpkin puree. This scrub can be kept up to 2 days in the fridge, but it’s best used right away because the sugar will melt a little once you add the pumpkin purée.
I love the moisturizing effect of this scrub, and it leaves my skin soft and glowing. It’s even more hydrating than my Easiest Sugar Scrub because the added pumpkin, which contains carotenoids, gives dull skin a nice glow. It’s a little more trouble to make because you have to open a can of pumpkin. But here’s how I see it: you can make this Pumpkin Pancake Syrup or Pumpkin Spice Streusel Muffins, and you’ll still have enough pumpkin purée for this sugar scrub!Print
- 3 Tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 2 Teaspoons coconut oil
- 2–4 drops cinnamon essential oil
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin puree
- In a small bowl, mash the sugar and coconut oil together until the coconut oil is well combined.
- Stir in cinnamon oil starting with a drop or two and working up to your preference.
- Mix in the pumpkin puree until thoroughly mixed and use immediately, or refrigerate for up to two days.
- Cinnamon Sugar Scrub Base:
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 8–12 drops of cinnamon essential oil
- Add pumpkin before using:
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin puree per 1/4 cup sugar scrub base (about 5 Tablespoons total)
- In a medium-large bowl mash the sugar and coconut oil together until they’re thoroughly combined. Add cinnamon oil according to preference.
- When you’re ready to use the sugar scrub, combine 1/4 cup Cinnamon Sugar Scrub Base with 1 Tablespoon of Pumpkin and use immediately, or store in the refrigerator for up to two days.