Some days, chocolate chip/chunk cookies are more of a requirement than anything else! So why bars instead of cookies? I’m so glad you asked: bars are so much faster than cookies because they bake all at once – no running out to the kitchen every 8 minutes to put another cookie sheet in the oven!
It’s been a cookie kind of week here with all the blowing, cold, and snowy-ness. I may need to add a cozy Hot Chocolate to the menu because it’s snuggle on the couch weather, (good book + sweets + footstool = I may not leave the couch)!
These bars are really simple to make, just 4 easy steps:
- Mix the ‘dry’ ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Roughly chop up the chocolate chunks because the package doesn’t lie when they say ‘Mega Chunks’.
- Stir the ‘wet’ ingredients into the ‘dry’ ingredients until a thick dough forms.
- Spread it out as evenly as possible in the pan and bake!
I gave you an up close shot here so you could see the craggy/crunchy tops, soft and chewy interior, with lots of chocolate chunks in every bite!
Enjoy your weekend!
- 1½ cups fine almond flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon tapioca starch
- ½ cup (3 ounces) chocolate chunks, (Enjoy Life brand)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease an 11" x 7" baking pan.
- Melt the coconut oil over low heat in a small saucepan.
- While the coconut oil is melting, combine the almond flour, coconut sugar, sea salt, baking powder, and tapioca starch.
- Chop the chocolate chunks until they're about ½ their original size, and mix them into the almond flour mixture.
- Mix in the melted coconut oil, egg, and vanilla until a thick cookie dough forms.
- Spread the cookie dough into your prepared pan as evenly as possible. Don't worry if the dough is rough and craggy, it makes a great crunchy top after baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the bars are puffy, golden brown, and still moist in the center.
This recipe was first posted by Get Inspired Everyday! All content is Copyright Protected - ©2013 - 2016 Get Inspired Everyday!. All Rights Reserved.