- 1 recipe Grilled Fajita Chicken (the recipe is below)
Grilled Fajita Veggies:
- 2 medium onions, peeled and the ends cut off
- 2 red bell peppers, cored and seeded
- 2 avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 Tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon jalapeno, minced
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 2 heads romaine (weighing 2.5 pounds)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (adjust more or less to your taste)
- 3/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- lime wedges for squeezing over your finished salad at the table
- I like to start this salad by combining the spices with the chicken in the recipe below so the flavors can steep while you prep the rest of this recipe.
- Slice the onions and bell peppers into 1/4″-1/2″ slices and toss them with the sea salt, cumin, and avocado oil. Place the veggies in a grill pan.
- Prepare the salad ingredients by washing and drying the lettuce. Place the lettuce in a serving bowl and top with the crumbled feta, pumpkin seeds, and cherry tomatoes – you can also serve them separately in individual bowls and let everyone customize their toppings.
- Preheat the grill over high heat.
- While the grill heats, make the guacamole dressing by mashing the avocados, garlic, onion, and cilantro together until the mixture is mostly smooth with small lumps. Stir in the jalapeno, sea salt, lime juice, and cherry tomatoes. Set the dressing aside.
- Place the prepared chicken and grill pan of veggies on the grill. Immediately lower the heat to medium high. Cook for 6-8 minutes depending on the thickness of your chicken. A great trick to tell when your meat is ready to turn, is you’ll be able to pick it up off the grill without it trying to stick.
- After you turn the chicken, use a wooden spoon or a separate pair of tongs to stir the veggies.
- When the chicken is done, remove it from the grill to cool while the veggies finish. To get a seared flavor on the veggies, it’s best to turn the grill up to high, but you’ll need to keep an eye on it and stir them every few minutes. The veggies take between 8-10 to finish cooking after the chicken is finished.
- Slice or chop the chicken to your liking and serve the grilled veggies, chicken, guacamole dressing, and the prepared salad together with additional limes wedges.