These Roasted Vegetables are good with everything, it really isn’t an exaggeration. They come together quickly and they can be a side dish or the star of the meal. They are great stirred into risotto or topped with eggs for breakfast. We have even eaten them topped with guacamole and salsa for a quick and delicious dinner. The possibilities are endless.
Perhaps my favorite way of all to serve them is alongside a roast chicken with a simple salad.
Start by cubing the butternut squash into fairly even pieces.
Cut the onion in half, then make a slice down the middle almost to the core but not cutting through
Make three cuts across the top, once again leaving the end intact. Then slice crosswise into big cubes, similar in size to the butternut squash.
Cut the bell pepper into strips, then cut the strips in half. The main goal is to keep the vegetable pieces fairly even.
Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and roast until tender and edges are caramelized.
You may notice that I use the word caramelized a lot. That’s because most everything tastes betters with caramelized edges.
Enjoy the caramelized roasted goodness.Print
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 4 as a side dish 1x
- 2.5 lbs. Butternut Squash (peeled, seeded, and cubed)
- 1 large Red Bell Peppers (sliced)
- 1 large Red Onion (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 425 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together all vegetables on the baking sheet and drizzle olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Roast for 25 minutes until vegetables are tender and have some caramelized edges. Serve immediately.
Double the recipe if you are serving them as the main part of the meal
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
1 thought on “Roasted Vegetables”
These are in the oven right now!! Smelling good. Thanks for sharing!!!