I make smoothies almost everyday with all kinds of combinations, but every once in a while I make one that I could drink everyday, and that’s when you get the recipe! This smoothie is one of those exceptional combos, and it’s so good I could drink it for dessert! I always know a recipe is ‘a go’ so to speak when I find myself talking out loud to myself about how good it is – good thing there’s no one to hear me self endorse!
For the pineapple, roughly cut chunks are fine. I don’t worry about cutting it up evenly – just quickly, since I usually cut up a couple per week!
Wash and hull the strawberries, I like to use the tomato corer gadget because it’s so quick and effective (this really comes in handy if you’re putting up strawberries in packages for the freezer or making jam).
This smoothie is best enjoyed within the first 8 hours or so. I’ve found that coconut milk has a funny reaction with some fruits over time, and the resulting taste can be a tad soapy by the next day. Don’t let my warning detract you though this is awesome the first day, just not a keeper!Print
- 1 pound strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1 orange, peeled
- 8 ounces fresh pineapple chunks (2 cups)
- 1 – 13.5 ounce can of coconut milk
- 1 – 16 ounce bottle of ginger kombucha
- Place all the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend starting on low and gradually increasing the speed to high – blend until smooth.
- This smoothie pretty much maxes out my 8 cup blender, so check your container size before starting.