I’ve been using my Pineapple Facial as an extremely effective treatment for my face for about 8 years now. It naturally exfoliates due to the high content of an enzyme called bromelain. It’s also anti-inflammatory and works wonders evening out my skin tone.
So I figured it was high time to put all that goodness into a full body treatment. One of the things I love about pineapple is how smooth it leaves my skin. So who wouldn’t want to extend that benefit further than just a facial treatment!?!
I started off with my Easiest Sugar Scrub as a base. It’s simply organic sugar and coconut oil mixed together, then when you’re ready to use the treatment the blended pineapple is mixed in. And since it’s summertime, and oh so hot right now, I added in the cooling effect of peppermint essential oil to the mix.
Using this body treatment has been an absolute delight. Not only is my skin super soft and smooth, but it’s also incredibly refreshing because the mint is tingly cool on your skin as the treatment sets for a bit.
In fact I like to let this treatment set for as long as I can to let the enzymes in the pineapple take effect. When I’m as cold as I can stand, I finally turn the water back on in the shower and rinse off the treatment!
You can make as much of the sugar scrub mixture as you’d like. That way you’re always 1 step ahead in making this body treatment.
The blended pineapple mint mixture makes just enough for 2 body treatments The remainder can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 4 days before you mix it into the sugar scrub mixture.
The reason you want to wait to combine the sugar scrub and blended pineapple mixtures together is because the pineapple will immediately start dissolving the sugar scrub. So once you’re ready to use it, simply mix them together, and you’re ready to go!
Pineapple Mojito Body Sugar Scrub
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, room temperature
- 15 drops peppermint essential oil
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks, 4 ounces
- 8 leaves fresh mint, optional
- Place the sugar and coconut oil into a small bowl, and mix together until completely combined. I mash mine together with the back of a spoon. Stir in the the peppermint oil, and set the mixture aside.
- In a blender or small food processor, blend the pineapple and mint leaves together until smooth with small flecks of the mint leaves remaining.
- When you’re ready to use the treatment, mix together 1/2 of the sugar scrub mixture with 1/2 of the blended pineapple. Keep the remaining sugar scrub in a tightly sealed container at room temperature, and the remaining blended pineapple in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- To use the treatment, I like to apply it to my skin after it’s already wet. Then lightly rub the body scrub over your skin, (not on your face) in circular motions to exfoliate. Keep the pressure light, it should never hurt. Then let it sit for as long as you can, about 5 minutes before rinsing it off in the shower. The oil from the sugar scrub can make the shower slippery, so use caution and soap off the shower/tub floor to help prevent slipping.