- 12 Medjool dates, seeded
- 3 ounces chorizo, (fresh sausage, not dried)
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 6 strips of thin-slice bacon
- 12 toothpicks
- Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium high, and brown the chorizo.
- Drain off any extra grease and mash the chorizo with the cream cheese using a fork or the back of a spoon.
- Spoon the chorizo mixture into the dates, packing all the filling into them.
- Sear the bacon on each side in a skillet. Remove the bacon from the pan and slice in half lengthwise.
- Wrap each date with 1 strip of bacon and secure it with a toothpick. At this point, you can refrigerate these for a couple of days.
- When you’re ready to serve, preheat the oven to 450° F. Place your dates in an ovenproof container and bake for 12-15 minutes. Start checking the dates at 8 minutes if they aren’t refrigerated.