It seems like overnight the weather has turned from summer into the crisp, cool mornings of fall. And while I’ve been loving my frosty Acai Smoothie Bowls all summer, lately I’ve been craving something a little less chilly for the cold mornings. I also happened to be craving banana cream pie at the same time so… obviously we were due for another smoothie bowl right?
I made the smoothie base for this bowl with room temperature ingredients, but I know I’ll be making it next summer with frozen bananas (for a frosty version) because we’re pretty hooked on this one! Just picture bananas blended together with coconut cream and vanilla to make the creamiest pudding of sorts, topped off with Maple Cinnamon Granola, and I think you’ll see why this is going to be my official breakfast of the fall season!
The smoothie base comes together easily in the blender in just minutes, then you’re free to add as many toppings as you’d please. I use a piece of a whole vanilla bean instead of just the seeds, but I would recommend using vanilla extract instead of vanilla bean if you don’t have a high powered blender to thoroughly pulverize the bean pod. If you do try this with frozen bananas, it will be much thicker, and you’ll need to use the tamper to keep the mixture moving.
For years now I’ve went through these fazes where every couple of months I invent a new granola that we’re crazy about. I make batch after batch, but then after awhile we move on to the next favorite flavor. But… something about this Maple Cinnamon Granola has really stood the test of time, I just keep making it and finding all sorts of ways to use it. So if you haven’t tried it yet, I sure hope you do because it’s been really invaluable for quick healthy meals around our house, and I think you’ll really love it!
P.S. It can be really addicting, so now you can’t say I didn’t warn you!
For more smoothie bowl inspiration, you can check out these variations:
- 4 just ripe bananas, peeled
- 1 - 5.4 ounce can of unsweetened coconut cream (10 Tablespoons)
- ½ of a vanilla bean
- 1 cup of granola, I use this Maple Cinnamon Granola
- 1 just ripe banana, peeled and thinly sliced
- sprinkle with your choice of: chia seeds, hemp hearts, and bee pollen (omit for vegan)
- Place the ingredients for the smoothie base in a high powered blender. Blend until smooth starting on a low speed and working up to speeds 7-8 on a Vitamix. If you don't have a high powered blender, use 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract instead of the vanilla bean.
- Pour the smoothie base into 4 bowls, and top with granola, sliced banana, and your choice of seeds.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was first posted by Get Inspired Everyday! All content is Copyright Protected - ©2013 - 2016 Get Inspired Everyday!. All Rights Reserved.