- 1/3 cup soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1 Tablespoon organic cornstarch
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 medium onion, diced 1/2″
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli, stems peeled
- 1 pound chicken thighs, cut into 1” cubes
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil, (or olive oil)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Start by mixing the soy sauce and cornstarch together until the cornstarch dissolves. Add the honey to the soy sauce mixture, but you don’t need to combine them (this happens in the pan).
- Thinly slice the peeled broccoli stems and cut the florets into 1″ pieces, set the broccoli aside with the onion.
- Preheat a large skillet over high heat.
- When the pan is almost smoking, add 1 Tablespoon of avocado oil and the chicken cubes. Sauté for about 2 minutes to brown before turning the chicken cubes, and cooking until golden brown and done in the center. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high and add the remaining 1 Tablespoon of avocado oil to the pan. Add the onion and broccoli, cook stirring every 30 seconds for 3-5 minutes or until the onions begin to soften and the broccoli turns bright green but is still crisp.
- Add the 1/4 cup of water to the pan, cover with a lid and simmer for 3 minutes until the water has mostly evaporated and the broccoli is just tender.
- Add the sautéed chicken, minced garlic, and the sauce into the skillet.
- Stir to incorporate the honey, and simmer 1-2 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Serve immediately.