This easy Oven Roasted Lemon Herb Broccoli is packed with flavor and extra convenient because it’s made with frozen broccoli!
I’ve been working on flavorful veggie recipes lately made from frozen. There’s a couple reasons for this, and the first is frozen veggies are very economical during the winter months. And the second reason you might share with me as well is I haven’t been grocery shopping in 17 days!
Suffice it to say I’m out of everything fresh except carrots, celery, and potatoes! So we’ve been making my Easiest Garlic Roasted Green Beans quite a bit. And now this lemon herb broccoli has become my 2nd go-to. You can roast broccoli in the same way as the green beans. But since we like to mix it up sometimes, that’s how this version came to be.
Of course if you do happen to have fresh broccoli, I’ve included the temperature below for how I roast it. But if you’re in the same boat with frozen veggies, I hope you’ll enjoy this one. I really do feel frozen veggies are tough because they’re never quite as good as fresh texture wise.
But between being both economical and convenient, they have a permanent place at our dinner table. This latest broccoli recipe is especially good with anything Italian inspired. So be sure and check out the extra recipe inspiration below.
Let’s make my Oven Roasted Lemon Herb Broccoli:
Time needed: 20 minutes.
- I like to thaw my frozen broccoli just enough, (you can place it into the refrigerator in the morning, or leave it on the counter for 15 minutes) to cut up any extra large pieces. Then spread them evenly over a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Next mix together the olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, lemon zest, sea salt, and pepper.
- Toss the broccoli together with the olive oil mixture, and roast until browned.
Pasta dishes to serve this with:
- Creamy Tuscan Sun-dried Tomato Pasta with Italian Sausage
- Instant Pot Lazy Lasagna Beef and Shells
- Rustic Italian Style Sausage Sweet Potato Noodles
- Creamy One Pot Caprese Pasta
- One Pot Mac and Cheese
- Chicken Pot Pie Pasta
- Easy Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
Or serve it as a side dish to one of these:
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
- Sun-dried Tomato Spinach Turkey Burgers
- Skillet Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs
- Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken
- Honey Mustard Chicken and Potato Sheet Pan Dinner, (Leave out the fresh asparagus, and roast a pan of this broccoli to go with the chicken and potatoes instead.)
- Grain Free Pizzadillas
- Instant Pot Balsamic Pepperoncini Pot Roast
- Instant Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- Meatball Sub Stuffed Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore
- Instant Pot Rosemary Pork Ragu with Cauliflower ‘Polenta’
I hope you get a chance to make this broccoli soon! If you do, I’d love it if you’d leave me a comment/rating below. And I always love hearing from you here, and over on Instagram where you can tag me at #getinspiredeveryday with your photos.Print
This super flavorful side dish goes so well with most pasta dishes and easy main dishes as well!
2 – 1 pound packages frozen broccoli, partially thawed
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Teaspoons lemon zest, see notes
1 Teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
1/4 Teaspoon black pepper
Preheat the oven to 500ºF and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cut up any larger pieces of broccoli into bite sized pieces, then spread the broccoli out over the parchment paper.
Mix together the olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, Italian seasoning, sea salt, and pepper. Pour the olive oil mixture over the broccoli and toss to combine. Spread the broccoli out evenly over the parchment paper.
Roast the broccoli until tender and browned, 10-15 minutes.
I like to use a microplane grater for lemon zest because it’s nice and fine, no chewy pieces of rind.
If you’re roasting fresh broccoli, 425ºF is a better temperature.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Roasted Broccoli recipe, Oven Roasted Broccoli, Roasted Broccoli from frozen, Roasted Lemon Broccoli, Roasted Broccoli with Lemon