This classic Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe never gets old with it’s sweet berry flavor. This one gets a slight upgrade with a touch of vanilla to bring out the flavors and make it even tastier. There’s lots of options to change things up with this recipe using any kind of yogurt and milk you like. You can also make this with fresh or frozen fruit, so it’s the perfect all season smoothie.
I love finding new flavor combos, but I never get tired of the classics either. I’m pretty sure a strawberry banana smoothie was the first smoothie I ever made when my mom first got her Vitamix. We had never had a blender before in our house, and it was a blast getting started with all the fun things you can make in one.
We always had lots of strawberries in the freezer growing up from our gardens. So strawberry banana smoothies were a ‘thing’ in our house during the winter months. They really are the perfect smoothie for year round fresh berry flavor. You can use either fresh or frozen fruit in this recipe and customize it to whatever you have on hand.
Let’s get started by talking about the ingredients for this Strawberry Banana Smoothie!
- Strawberries – can be added either fresh or frozen depending on what you have. It’s better to use frozen strawberries than unripe out of season fresh berries. With smoothies you need something to be frozen so if you use fresh berries, try using frozen bananas.
- Bananas – are the same as I mentioned with strawberries, use either fresh or frozen. You just want to make sure something in your smoothie is frozen for the best texture.
- Yogurt – We love Greek yogurt here, but any dairy free yogurt you like can be subbed in. You can also just use a bit more milk of your choice as well. I like to use canned coconut milk for dairy free because it adds so much creaminess and flavor.
- Milk – I’ve been loving the Malk brand lately for dairy free milk because they don’t use any additives. I like getting any of the unsweetened vanilla nut milks for the extra vanilla flavor. But you can use any milk you’d like here!
- Vanilla and almond extract – just a touch of both extracts makes this smoothie irresistible. But if you don’t like almond extract, you can leave it out. I add just the smallest amount so it enhances the berry flavor without tasting like almond extract.
Now let’s jump in and make this recipe step by step!
Start by measuring/prepping all of your ingedients.
Add the ingredients to the blender with the frozen items on top for easier blending.
Blend until smooth and enjoy right away.
And now for some more berry smoothie recipes:
- Glowing Berry Beet Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Green Smoothie
- Mango Blackberry Smoothie
- Tropical Passion Berry Smoothie
- PBJ Protein Smoothie
This smoothie is best right away which is always the case with bananas. For meal prepping tips, try making my Freezer Smoothie Packs rather than making this smoothie ahead of time.
No Banana Smoothie Recipes:
- Strawberry Watermelon Smoothie
- Ginger Peach Green Smoothie
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Smoothie
- Mango Madness Smoothie
- Mint Pineapple Cucumber Green Smoothie
I really hope you enjoy this Strawberry Banana Smoothie! And if you do get a chance to make it, I hope you’ll leave me a comment/rating below. I always love hearing from you here! Also for lots more smoothie recipes, head over to the recipe index.Print
This classic Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe never gets old with it’s sweet berry flavor. This one gets a slight upgrade with a touch of vanilla to bring out the flavors and make it even tastier. There’s lots of options to change things up with this recipe using any kind of yogurt and milk you like. You can also make this with fresh or frozen fruit so it’s the perfect all season smoothie.
3 cups frozen or fresh strawberries, 12 ounces
1 banana, fresh or frozen, peeled and broken into chunks
1/2 cup Greek yogurt, or dairy free yogurt of choice
1/4 cup milk of choice, I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
Place all the ingredients into the blender with the frozen ingredients on top.
Blend until smooth.
You want to make sure either your strawberries or your banana frozen so you get the best texture.
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe, Strawberry Banana Smoothie with Yogurt, Strawberry Banana Smoothie without Yogurt