- 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon grated beeswax, packed, weighing 4 grams
- 1 Tablespoon shea butter
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon castor oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 Teaspoon grapefruit essential oil (or your favorite scent)
- Optional color:
- powdered beet root, or
- less than 1 Teaspoon fresh beet juice
- 6–8 container of your choice
- In a small saucepan, heat the beeswax, shea butter, coconut oil, and castor oil together over low heat until the beeswax is completely melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add in the essential oil and optional color. Add the coloring agent of your choice slowly mixing in a tiny bit at time until the desired shade is reached.
- Pour the liquid lip balm into clean containers of your choice.
- Store for up to 4 months