I’ve had so many requests for my Coconut Lime Ice Cream since last summer, I had to come up with another variation of that flavor combination. My husband even asked for it for his birthday – I’m still a little stunned he didn’t ask for something chocolate! Anyways… back to the pudding, it has the same great coconut lime flavors, but with a different texture and fancier presentation!
I love the super creamy texture and zingy flavor of this pudding, topped off with billowy coconut whipped cream. It’s super quick and easy to put together, and it can be made ahead, (which is a huge plus in my book whenever we’re having company). With spring right around the corner, this healthy, fresh flavored dessert is going to be in the regular rotation! The other thing I love about this dessert is it’s mostly raw, which gives you more enzymes and vitamins. It’s always a plus when your dessert can be nutritious and decadent!
I like to use a microplane grater to zest any citrus because the zest is really fine textured, and you don’t get any of the bitter white pith underneath. For the coconut cream, refrigerate a can of coconut milk, (several days if possible, it separates better) then scoop out the cream that rises to the top and reserve the liquid for another use (I use my leftovers in smoothies).
Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process for a couple of minutes until it’s smooth, you’ll need to scrape down the sides several times. I’ve tried several avocado based puddings in my blender, it works but it’s not as efficient as the food processor in this application. So… if you don’t own a food processor, there’s no need to run out to buy one when a blender will work!
I hope you enjoy one of our new favorite desserts!
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk, refrigerated
- 2 Tablespoons lime zest, (about 2 limes)
- ½ cup fresh lime juice, (about 2 limes)
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted, (weighing 10oz)
- ½ cup maple syrup, Grade A
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, room temperature
- Scoop off the cream from the top of the can of refrigerated coconut milk.
- Place the coconut cream and the rest of the ingredients in a food processor.
- Process until smooth, 3-4 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides a couple of times.
- Refrigerate the pudding for 4 hours or overnight to firm up (you can eat it right away but it tastes better refrigerated).
- Serve with Homemade Coconut Whipped Cream and lime slices for a garnish.
This recipe was first posted by Get Inspired Everyday! All content is Copyright Protected - ©2013 - 2016 Get Inspired Everyday!. All Rights Reserved.
**Disclosure – Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. This means that if you were to click on the link to the product or service, and make a purchase, then we will make a small commission. We feel that you should know, the companies associated with these links are recommended by us because we have personally used them and can verify they are safe companies to trust, and have quality products or services.**