A plate of perfectly scrambled eggs is one of my favorite breakfasts. Who am I kidding I eat them for dinner too. When I first came up with this variation, we ate them 3 days in a row for breakfast. They are just so yummy and quick to make, 10 minutes is all you need.
Even though these are really quick, I sometimes do a little prep work the night before while I’m making dinner. Morning is not my best time, so anything I can do ahead is helpful to getting out the door in time.
I like to crack the eggs into a bowl with a lid for overnight storage and toast the pine nuts. If you “measure” out the rest of the ingredients, breakfast comes together in just a few minutes. I say “measure” because after you have made this once, you can pretty much just guess on the spinach, cheese, and pine nuts. No need to dirty measuring cups if you don’t have to.
I made mine in a cast iron pan but I sometimes use nonstick because they are so much easier to use for eggs.
I just have to say, I love a weekend kind of breakfast that is easy enough to make on a weekday as well.Print
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 8 eggs
- 1 Teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup packed spinach
- Preheat a medium sized pan over medium heat. Meanwhile, crack eggs into a bowl and whisk together with sea salt, water, and pepper. Toast the pine nuts and set aside. Add the olive oil or butter to the pan. Next, add the spinach and saute briefly until bright green and barely wilted. Pour in the egg mixture and stir continuously as curds begin to form. When the eggs start to set, add remaining ingredients and cook to desired doneness. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins