The strawberries are finally ripe in our garden! I wait all year long for these couple of weeks, and then it’s strawberries for every meal of the day! Today we’re combining two of my favorite desserts – cheesecake and strawberries. In these hot days of summer, ice cream seems to be just the thing I’m craving. Cheesecake ice cream gives you the best of both worlds: the cheesecake flavor without having to turn on the oven!
Berries fresh from the garden, are one of the most elemental pleasures in the world of food. Perfectly sun warmed, sweet, and juicy: there’s nothing quite like them.
I like nothing better than to sit down with a big bowlful, and eat until I can’t eat anymore (repeat day after day until strawberry season is over)!
First, wash and hull the strawberries for the ice cream base.
Place all of the ingredients for the ice cream in the blender and blend until smooth. If your honey is crystalized, melt it over low heat until it’s liquid again. After blending, place the ice cream base in the refrigerator to chill. This can take a couple of hours, depending on the temperature of your ingredients to start with. My strawberries were at room temperature, so it took about 3 hours to chill.
If you have an abundance of strawberries, slice some extras to go on top of the ice cream.
Here’s a look at the texture of your ice cream when it’s finished.
Enjoy the summer bliss!
- 1 - 8 ounce pkg cream cheese
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 cups (1 pound) strawberries
- ½ cup honey
- 2 Teaspoons of vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- Place the cream cheese, half and half, and heavy cream in the blender.
- Wash and hull the strawberries. Place them in the blender with the honey, vanilla, and sea salt.
- Blend until smooth and place in the refrigerator until chilled, 3-4 hours.
- Pour into a 2-quart ice cream maker and freeze until the mixture thickens enough to hold on a spoon.
- You can serve the ice cream immediately, or scrape it into a bowl and freeze for 3-4 hours until it's firmer.
This recipe was first posted by Get Inspired Everyday! All content is Copyright Protected - ©2013 - 2016 Get Inspired Everyday!. All Rights Reserved.