- 1 cup packed cilantro leaves, (a small amount of stems is ok)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, small dice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- optional 1/4 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- or 1–2 Teaspoons minced jalapeno for Mexican spice
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend on low until combined and creamy looking.
- Be sure to leave plenty of texture in the sauce, it’s not supposed to be smooth.
- For the traditional method, you can mince the onion very fine and stir together all the ingredients in a serving bowl – this way isn’t quite as fast and it doesn’t turn out creamy but either way is equally delicious!
This recipe makes quite a bit of sauce but it can easily be cut in half!