I can’t decide if I like this smoothie better with peaches or nectarines – they’re both so good! If peaches aren’t stellar in your area, I’d go with nectarines because they’re more reliable than peaches for flavor. We’ve been lucky enough to get some good peaches this year and I’ve been going overboard with peach everything!
I love it when you’re meandering through the grocery store and the intoxicating smell of peaches hits you before you even see them. It’s times like that, I take them straight home and serve them with homemade ice cream! If any survive past Coconut Ice Cream and / or homemade Peach Crisp, I make them into my new favorite smoothie.
First, make sure your greens are thoroughly washed. Next, add your chopped pineapple, (I like to cut mine up at the beginning of the week to save time). Then, cut up the peaches or nectarines and place in the blender. Finally, add the greens and pour a bottle of ginger kombucha over the top.
Blend your smoothie, starting on low and increasing the speed to high. It will take almost a full minute before the smoothie is completely blended. On a side note, I’ve found that when I use peaches in this recipe, the smoothie is almost creamy.
Ginger kombucha makes the best green smoothies, and I’m excited to keep trying different combinations with it!
Extra Peach Inspiration:
- Rosemary Grilled Chicken and Peach Salad with Pecan Vinaigrette
- Blackberry Cardamom Peach Crisp
- Blueberry Peaches and Cream Smoothie
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream Tart
- Caribbean Jerk Chicken Bowls with Peach Avocado Salsa, (coming soon)
- 5 Minute Soft Serve Peach Nice Cream
- 2 large peaches or nectarines
- 8 ounces fresh pineapple, chopped
- 2 ounces fresh spinach or kale, washed and stems removed
- 1 16-ounce bottle ginger kombucha