Sugar scrubs are a life saver for my skin year round, so I’m always experimenting with different scents. This Lemon Sugar Scrub has been my official scent of this summer. It smells lightly of Girl Scout lemon cookies, and leave my skin perfectly moisturized and glowing.
I might be exceptionally lazy about keeping up my skin, but I love sugar scrubs for their ability to both exfoliate and moisturize at the same time. Time always seems like a premium, so I love anything that’s a 2 for 1!
Sugar scrubs are super easy to assemble, and they make awesome gifts. Whenever I can’t figure out how to add a personal touch to a bridal or baby shower gift, I always turn to sugar scrubs. (Just to clarify, sugar scrubs would be for the mom at baby showers, and they’re definitely not suitable for children or infants as they’re too abrasive for their soft skin.)
To make this sugar scrub, first mash the coconut oil and sugar together in a bowl until completely combined. Then add the lemon zest and lemon essential oil. Finally spoon it into airtight containers for storage.
I sometimes make a summer variation of this sugar scrub, (pictured above) where I mash a couple raspberries into the sugar scrub right before using. The raspberries are perfect for radiant skin, but you don’t want to add them before you’re ready to use it because they will melt the sugar.Print
Lemon Sugar Scrub:
- 2 cups organic turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 Teaspoon lemon essential oil
- Take 1/4 cup of the Lemon Sugar Scrub and mash it together with 4-5 fresh raspberries – use immediately
- Place the sugar and coconut oil into a medium sized mixing bowl, and mash them together with the back of a spoon until the coconut oil is completely mixed in.
- Add the lemon zest and essential oil, and stir until completely combined.
- Transfer the sugar scrub into airtight containers and store up to 3 months.
- Note: Sugar scrubs are not meant to be used on your face as the facial tissue is too delicate for that much abrasion. Try my Pineapple Facial for a non-abrasive facial exfoliation.
- Prep Time: 10 mins