I hope you’ll find some extra inspiration with these Healthy Spring Meal Prep ideas with extra recipes listed below as well!
I’ve been getting so many requests for more meal prepping that I’m going to be doing a seasonal meal prep for each season this year. First up of course is a spring meal prep, and it’s hard not to get overly excited because when that first spring produce arrives after a long winter, I do get a little crazy buying all the things!
My style of meal prepping is mostly just to prep a few ingredients each week to make meals a bit easier. Although I do prep a few things depending on the week that are full blown meals. So today I have a mix of both types of meal prepping for you along with some meals I made.
Full Meal Prep Breakdown:
- Top left: potatoes prepped ahead in the Instant Pot. You can also boil them until tender, but I love using the Instant Pot to meal prep potatoes because they cook in 6-7 minutes.
- Top right: my Easy Fire Roasted Blender Salsa which I meal prep often to go along with anything Mexican inspired I might make that week, or as a snack.
- Next level down on the left: cut up veggie sticks along with my Whole30 Ranch Dressing which isn’t pictured. This childhood classic snack has been a favorite lately. To keep cut veggies fresh place them in a container and cover with water. Refrigerate and change the water ever couple of days. This works best for firmer veggies, things like cucumbers, I just slice up fresh.
- Next level down on the right: grilled asparagus which you could also oven roast instead. Grilled or oven roasted seasonal veggies are a foundation of my meal prepping. I find it’s really hard to include veggies in my meals if I don’t have them prepped ahead. Simply having some cooked veggies on hand has more than doubled my veggie intake.
- 3rd level down on the left: this is my Curried Mango Chicken Salad which is so great to have on hand for lunches or light dinners on those nights where things get extra crazy.
- 3rd level down on the right: I’ve been making my Chicken Tinga to make these easy Lettuce Tacos again for easy lunches and light dinner.
- Bottom row is my Grain Free Strawberry Granola. I like to have something snack-like available during the work week and even more so on the weekends. So I usually have either one of my granola recipes or a energy bite/bar recipe made to grab and go.
More Spring Meal Prep Inspiration:
- Garlic Herb Chicken and Asparagus Meal Prep
- Meal Prep Sweet Potato Avocado Toast
- Sweet Potato Noodles and Greens Breakfast Meal Prep
- Instant Pot Avocado Egg Salad
- Healthy Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
- Lemon Chicken and Asparagus Sheet Pan Dinner
- Creamy Coconut Lime Chia Pudding
- Paleo Zesty Ranch Trail Mix
- Carrot Cake Energy Bites
- Molasses Cookie Energy Bites
What I made from this meal prep:
- With the prepped potatoes I love to pan fry them in butter adding thinly sliced green onions in towards the end. Then I top them with over easy eggs letting the yolk run all in and around the crispy potatoes for breakfasts.
- With the Blender Salsa I used it over scrambled eggs and veggies along with cubed avocado. Then I also used some in my Taco Sweet Potato Bowls, and finally I used it in place of the fresh Pico de Gallo in my Chicken Tinga Tacos which is also where all the Chicken Tinga went as well.
- The cut up veggies disappeared in just a couple days for snacks along with my Blender Whole30 Ranch Dressing.
- The grilled asparagus was sliced up and added in at the end of the cooking time for my Easy Green Thai Curry. Then I used the rest, (I grilled 3 pounds total) thinly sliced up and added to cooked 100% brown rice penne pasta, along with some mushrooms sautéed in butter along with fresh rosemary and thyme. Then at the end, I added a bit of the pasta cooking water along with creme fraiche and grated parmesan for a weekend treat!
- The Grain Free Strawberry Granola actually lasted a full month and I used it as snacks, as a topping for this acai bowl, and over Siggi’s Icelandic yogurt with berries and thinly sliced banana.
Finally, you can check out everything I’ve written right here about meal prepping for more even inspiration! And I’d love to hear from you what type of meal prepping you do, and what would you like to see more of here?
2 thoughts on “Healthy Spring Meal Prep Ideas”
I’m new to your site and so glad I found it!!!
Do you have a post on the different kitchen tools/appliances/gadgets/etc you use most/recommend?
There are a few things I’m looking to get 🙂
Thank you so much for putting out all this amazing content!
I don’t have a tools/gadget list put together but thanks for the great idea! My only ‘must haves’ are really good quality knives and a Chef’s Choice knife sharpener to keep them in good working order, after that everything else is optional. However I do find myself using my Vitamix blender and Cuisinart food processor all the time, the food processor works great for firmer things like my chocolate tart filling or banana nice creams and hummus. Pampered Chef still has the best spatulas and wooden spoons I’ve ever used, and a small flat bottomed whisk if they still carry it comes in handy all the time.
A good quality vegetable peeler like Zyliss or one from OXO works for so many things from potatoes to mangos. For pans I’ve invested slowly in All Clad stainless steel, Green Pan non-stick skillets, and a mix of Lodge & Le Creuset enameled cast iron skillets and pots. I use Pyrex for baking and more for food storage along with Mason jars. Anyways I sure hope this helps you out a bit, and if you have a question about any gadget in specific just let me know and I’d be happy to share anything I know!